Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Multi-master replication

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On Friday, August 13th, 2021 at 9:00 AM, Zahir Lalani <ZahirLalani@oliver.agency> wrote:

> Confidential
>
> Hello all
>
> Does anyone on the list have production experience of using PG in a multi-master setup – if so using which tools?
>
> Thx
>
> Zahir

I have sometimes considered it, but it always struck me that given there is no first-class support for it, multi-master in postgres is just an opportunity for so many foot-guns to enable to things to go terribly, terribly wrong.

Maybe you need to look at something like CockroachDB which has a degree of Postgres syntax compatability (https://www.cockroachlabs.com/blog/why-postgres/).   N.B. Not speaking from experience here, CockroachDB is something I've wanted to play with for a long time but never had the time !