Search Postgresql Archives

log_statement GUC parameter

Hi!

Unfortunately, only a superuser can set log_statement='all'; Would it be possible to execute set session log_statement='all'; as an ordinary user? I am trying to execute it from login.sql, a part of login_hook extension which implements on-login triggers in PostgreSQL. I will create a procedure with security definer, owned by the role "postgres", and grant it to public. That should do the trick. However, it would be much nicer if PostgreSQL allowed me to set the parameter as a part of the normal session.

The idea is to log all statements by the particular user, not by everybody. The user in question uses Weblogic 12.2.1.4  and creates a connection pool so I need to find out which statements are the longest running ones and make them perform.

Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant