Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Damaged (during upgrade?) table, how to repair?

W dniu 04.07.2021 o 21:10, Adrian Klaver pisze:
On 7/4/21 11:59 AM, W.P. wrote:
W dniu 04.07.2021 o 19:48, Adrian Klaver pisze:
On 7/4/21 9:33 AM, W.P. wrote:
W dniu 02.07.2021 o 21:05, Adrian Klaver pisze:
On 7/2/21 10:18 AM, W.P. wrote:
W dniu 02.07.2021 o 17:16, Adrian Klaver pisze:

So you have backup of the failed machine's disk stored somewhere else?

No, I have disc from this machine, looks not damaged (random files). Only problem that OS does not boot beyond "emergency mode".

I would say your second sentence contradicts your first.

Nope ;). There was 1 500GB disc, with Fedora24 and Postgres 9.5. Then copied "sector by sector" (and resized partitions, volumes, fs) to 1TB one. This was my "working" disc.

Just dawned on me, why aren't you working directly from the 1TB disk?

It has the presumably intact files from before the OS/Postgres upgrades and the power experiment.

"Only problem that OS does not boot beyond "emergency mode"."...

I thought the 1TB disk was copied over before you did any of the upgrades and experimentation?

But I made some progress:

- booted up into single user, bring up Ethernet, now CAN start Postgres but only using pg_ctl directly, does NOT work using systemctl... So problem is (possibly) with systemd.

Dumped base, pg_dump worked fine, dump gzipped is < 600MB, so I assume that somehow Postgres recovered from my (stupid) move...

Dumped from what Postgres instance 9.5 or 11?

9.5, the only one on 1TB.

BTW, pls respond only to list.

Afraid that will be hard to achieve as I my muscle memory is hard wired to hit Reply All. If you want to eliminate duplicate copies got to here:

https://lists.postgresql.org/manage/

and check:

Don't receive an extra copy of mails when listed in To or CC fields

and then:

Save
THX :)

Laurent