Search Postgresql Archives

Re: schema prefixes in default values (was RE: removing "serial" from table definitions).

Marc Mamin <M.Mamin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> it seems that our problem had nothing to do with serial, but with the way schema prefixes are handled in column default values.

> pg_attrdef.adsrc:
>   filled when the defaut value is defined. contains a schema prefix only when required at this creation time. Is constant afterwards.

We removed adsrc a couple of versions back, precisely because it doesn't
track subsequent changes.  Relying on it has been deprecated for a lot
longer than that.

> Moreover a pg_dump->restore might in some cases modify the value of pg_attrdef.adsrc

pg_dump hasn't relied on adsrc since PG 7.2.

			regards, tom lane