Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Postgres PANIC when it could not open file in pg_logical/snapshots directory

On Thu, Jun 24, 2021, 9:28 AM Mike Yeap <wkk1020@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Vijay, thanks for the tests, it's very helpful.

Just that, isn't it too extreme when one of the processes having problems accessing a snap file, it causes all other processes to be terminated? After all, most of the other processes do not need to access the snap files. Is there a way to fine tune this behaviour?

Thank you.

Regards,
Mike Yeap

I guess the best people to ask this question is the core team, I am just over a year in pg, I am not in a position to call this an issue with postgres unless I understand the underlying design and possible data corruption if any if it does not abort etc.
I'll leave it to the core team, then to give incorrect workaround.