Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Same column names in a subresult table

On Friday, May 14, 2021, Durumdara <durumdara@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is there any way to suppress the original field?

Remove the star and list the other columns you do want.

Or say to PGSQL to skip the first XDate field?

Like select t.* (EXCEPT XDate) from t

No, though I’ve expressed a desire for this in the past as well.

Or can I reference them by the order?

No

Ok, I can solve this problem by renaming the new first XDate, but I want to know is there any solution to this problem?

No, you need to rename one of them.

David J.