Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Postgresql Text field / Visual FoxPro Memo and ODBC

El 12/01/2005 3:38 PM, MargaretGillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx en su mensaje escribio:

I am using updatable cursors. I set up the cursor and set the cursor
properties to updateable and set the key field property so it knows the key
on the Postgresql table. The cursors are managed by a VFP class written by
a programmer named Andy Kramek. He uses this class to manage updateable
cursors in UI's for Oracle databases, I think on Unix servers. I have also
used the class to talk to an SQLServer on Windows2000.

The advantage with cursors is that I can pull down a set of 100-200
records, edit them, and send them back to the server and only one round
trip has occured. Saves a lot of time when loading new tables, which is
what I'm doing currently.

True, I also use SPT cursors in VFP and haven't had any issues with text /memo columns so far.

I looked in the archives and there are messages about this problem but the
fix for it was in the PGAdmin software. I didn't see anything that talked
about the same problem / fix for ODBC.

How about ODBC version conflicts, I have Postgresql ODBC driver version 8, I got it downloading latest pgadmin 3 version.

-- Sinceramente, Josué Maldonado.

"El aspecto más triste de la vida actual es que la ciencia gana en conocimiento más rápidamente que la sociedad en sabiduría." -- Isaac Asimov

http://archives.postgresql.org