Search Postgresql Archives

ERROR: could not attach to dynamic shared area

Hi all,

in the logs of my database server, I found the following message:

ERROR: could not attach to dynamic shared area
LOG: background worker "parallel worker" (PID 51151) exited with exit code 1

What is the meaning of the error?  The box is running Debian Buster, using the official PostgreSQL 13.2 deb's.  The machine has 384 GByte RAM, which, according to the Nagios logs, was /not/ filled completely (~1/3 free) when the message occurred, so I don't think its a system OOM condition.  I did not observe any other effects (like data loss or similar).

Any idea what might trigger such an error condition?  Should I adjust the config to avoid them?  How?

Thanks in advance,
Albrecht.