Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Bug in pg_dump in 7.4.6?

Greg Stark <gsstark@xxxxxxx> writes:
> It seems the spurious SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION commands appear after any
> REVOKE/GRANT pair.

Oh, right.  In order to handle grants with GRANT OPTION, the dump data
may need to include SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION commands; so the code
assumes that it doesn't know the authorization any more after emitting
an ACL entry.  Not a bug.  It could possibly be smarter (eg grep the
text for "SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION" before deciding this) but since
that's not the default mode anymore anyway, I'm not very concerned.

			regards, tom lane

               http://archives.postgresql.org