Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Using a 'loopback' FDW

Thanks Tom. I'm running postgres from the standard alpine docker container and haven't changed that file. I'm not at my laptop ATM but will check it out when I get home.
Cheers, Steve

On Wed, 10 Mar 2021, 14:42 Tom Lane, <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Steve Baldwin <steve.baldwin@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong here. I've used postgres_fdw before
> to connect between servers, but in this instance I'm trying to use it
> to connect back to itself.

What are your pg_hba.conf settings for local connections?

> ERROR:  password is required
> DETAIL:  Non-superuser cannot connect if the server does not request a
> password.
> HINT:  Target server's authentication method must be changed or
> password_required=false set in the user mapping attributes.

This suggests that you're using trust, peer, or something else in which
the password isn't actually relevant.

                        regards, tom lane