Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Log files polluted with permission denied error messages after every 10 seconds

Andrus schrieb am 05.03.2021 um 18:36:
> Hi!
>
>>Windows? Don't let anti-virus software mess with the data directory.
>
> Windows default Windows Defender is active. I excluded data, pg_wal folders and postgres process:
>

> Then turned real-time protection off:
>
> Problem persists. New entry is written after every 10 seconds.
>
> pg_wal also contains files with .deleted extension like
>
> 0000000100000005000000B2.deleted
>
> Andrus.

The data directory should not be stored in "C:\Program File"s on Windows.

I wouldn't be surprised if "Program Files" has some additional security settings that come into play here.

%ProgramData% is a better location for the data directory.

Thomas