Search Postgresql Archives

Re: libpq pipelineing

Hello Samuel,

On 2020-Jun-27, Samuel Williams wrote:

> I found some discussion in the past relating to batch processing which
> appears to support some kind of pipelining:
>
> https://2ndquadrant.github.io/postgres/libpq-batch-mode.html

I just noticed this old thread of yours.  I've been working on getting
the work you linked to, polished a little bit and completed for
PostgreSQL 14.  If you'd like to give it a try, your input would be
very useful to me.  You can find the patch here (applies on the current
master branch): https://postgr.es/m/20210306003559.GA1375@alvherre.pgsql
(If you need help building, please ping me on private email).

The patched libpq version is compatible with older servers.

Thanks

--
Álvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile