Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Duplicate key error

On 3/4/21 12:14 AM, Andrus wrote:
Hi!
says something else is inserting/updating using that key value. So obviously your script is not catching all the conflicts.

> At this point your best bet is to monitor the Postgres log and see what else is happening at the time of the error. I'm guessing you will find another process working on that table.

It looks like other process has added same row during trancaction.

How to change script so that it works starting at Postgres 9.0 and does not cause error in this case ?

Having all the processes which try to update that table explicitly set a serializable transaction would probably eliminate the duplicate key error.  There's no free lunch, though: you'd have to handle the blocking.