Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Localizing stored functions by replacing placeholders in their body

Thanks for your input

Actually, yes, that is what I have right now a translate() like stored function, with format %s sometimes.

But that is "at runtime" and I would like to have a "at compile time"/"deploy once and forget" solution, that is why I have asked about approaches for modifying the bodys of my stored functions.

After some more thinking yesterday I have decided to embed the SQL files with stored functions declarations in my servlet JAR file - that is where the rest and most of my translations are.

I will just load them from servlet resources when the servlet start, replace the placeholder by Java and the execute them with CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION ...