Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PostgreSQL Licensing Question for pg_crypto and tablefunc extensions

Rumpi Gravenstein <rgravens@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I am new to PostgreSQL and am unclear on how licensing works for PostgreSQL
> extensions.  Are pg_crypto and tablefunc licensed with the PostgreSQL
> community edition or do PostgreSQL extensions fall under a separate
> license?  I've looked for documentation on this and haven't found anything
> on-point.  Is there a link that describes how each extension is licensed?

Everything in contrib/ is considered to be under the same license as the
rest of the distribution.  (A few of them have their own copyright text,
but it's not substantially different in meaning from the main copyright
notice.  This is also true of bits of the core server, actually.)

Extensions you get from elsewhere might have different copyrights though.

			regards, tom lane