Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Extension intarray and null values

yes i a have a specific query with many rows and big int array These data not contains null values. And in this case , i use the specific GIN  index.
The query time decrease from 30s to 100ms with the index.

I found that i can use the "arraycontains" builtin function for int[] with null values. But i'm not sure that this function name is safe in all postgresql version (>= 10)

Eric.

Le jeu. 25 févr. 2021 à 16:06, Tom Lane <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
Eric Brison <eric.brison@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I use tables with several "int[]" columns.
> I use the "@>" operator to filter my data.
> To increase speed , i install the "intarray" extension. Now queries are
> very fast with the specific indexes (i use "gin__int_ops").
> But, in few columns, i have null values in my intarray and i cannot use the
> "@>" operator.

Do you really need to use intarray, rather than the built-in gin array
indexing features?

Yeah, the intarray implementation is probably a shade faster, but it's
faster precisely because it doesn't handle cases like null entries.
If you're in need of that, my suggestion is to ditch intarray.

                        regards, tom lane

--

Eric Brison - Responsable R&D
8 av Yves Brunaud - 31770 Colomiers

Ce message, avec ses pièces jointes, est privé et peut contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilégiées qui ne doivent pas être diffusés, exploités ou copiés sans autorisation d'Anakeen. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler à l'expéditeur et le détruire ainsi que les pièces jointes. Les messages électroniques étant susceptibles d'altération, Anakeen décline toute responsabilité si ce message a été altéré, déformé ou falsifié.

This message, with its attachments, is private and may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law; they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorization of Anakeen. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments. As emails may be altered, Anakeen is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.