Search Postgresql Archives

Re: getting tables list of other schema too

On Wed, 2021-02-24 at 15:54 +0530, Atul Kumar wrote:

> > > I have postgres 9.6 cluster running on centos 7 machine.
> > > when I set search_path to any user made schema with below command
> > > [enterprisedb@stg-edb02 ~ 01:51:39]$ psql edb
> > > edb=# \c test
> > > set search_path to college;
> > > and after listing the tables with command \dt, we should get list of
> > > tables of schema college only.
> > > but here I am getting list of tables of schema college and list of
> > > tables of schema sys along with it.
> > > Why is it happening, please suggest.
> > > test=# \dt
> > >                          List of relations
> > >   Schema |              Name               | Type  |    Owner
> > > --------+---------------------------------+-------+--------------
> > >   college | ta_rule_error                   | table | college
> > >   college | team_import                     | table | college
> > >   college | test_24022021                   | table | enterprisedb
> > >   sys    | callback_queue_table            | table | enterprisedb
> > >   sys    | dual                            | table | enterprisedb
> > >   sys    | edb$session_wait_history        | table | enterprisedb
> > >   sys    | edb$session_waits               | table | enterprisedb
> > >   sys    | edb$snap                        | table | enterprisedb
> > >   sys    | edb$stat_all_indexes            | table | enterprisedb
> > >   sys    | edb$stat_all_tables             | table | enterprisedb
> > >   sys    | edb$stat_database               | table | enterprisedb
> > >   sys    | edb$statio_all_indexes          | table | enterprisedb
> > >   sys    | edb$statio_all_tables           | table | enterprisedb
> > >   sys    | edb$system_waits                | table | enterprisedb
> > >   sys    | plsql_profiler_rawdata          | table | enterprisedb
> > >   sys    | plsql_profiler_runs             | table | enterprisedb
> > >   sys    | plsql_profiler_units            | table | enterprisedb
> > >   sys    | product_component_version       | table | enterprisedb
> > >   sys    | scheduler_0100_component_name   | table | college
> > >   sys    | scheduler_0200_program          | table | college
> > >   sys    | scheduler_0250_program_argument | table | college
> > >   sys    | scheduler_0300_schedule         | table | college
> > >   sys    | scheduler_0400_job              | table | college
> > >   sys    | scheduler_0450_job_argument     | table | college
>
> yes I know that, but my doubt is why \dt is showing tables of other
> schemas even I  am setting the search_path.

The problem is that you are not running PostgreSQL, but EnterpriseDB's
closed source fork, and they obviously hacked the "search_path" so that
it automatically includes a "sys" schema, but they were not consistent
enough to exclude that schema from "\dt".

You could complain to EnterpriseDB --- in my opinion, that schema should
only show up in "\dtS" output.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe