Search Postgresql Archives

Re: psql behavior change on upgrade from version 12.x to 13.1

On 2/9/21 1:57 PM, Bryn Llewellyn wrote:
[snip]
In other words, different from what you see. I'm an ordinary end user. I don't even think expllictly about “building" anything in the PostgreSQL system. I got into this mess (as I believe) because I did this:

brew update
brew upgrade

A colleague advised me to do this periodically as a hygiene measure. It had the surprising, and for me undesired, side-effect of upgrading my PostgreSQL installation from 12 to Version 13.1. I suppose that this triggered a build of some kind.

Don't run commands (especially system-related commands) unless you know what they do.

In this case, they mean:
Get the latest version numbers of homebrew-installed software.
Upgrade all homebrew-installed software to the latest version.