Search Postgresql Archives

Re: permission denied for large object 200936761

On 2/1/21 9:13 AM, Andrus wrote:
Hi!

>Well the user that runs the pg_dump needs to have permissions on the large objects. For more information see below.

How to add permissions to non-superusers for this.?

GRANT command

GRANT { { SELECT | UPDATE } [, ...] | ALL [ PRIVILEGES ] }
     ON LARGE OBJECT/|loid|/  [, ...]
     TO/|role_specification|/  [, ...] [ WITH GRANT OPTION ]

Requires large object id. How to grant backup privilege if there are no large objects in database ?

Your query below says there are and also returns the oid for them.

Should *lo_compat_privileges
*

set in postgresql.conf  or is there better way ?

Changing lo_compat_privileges is an option but it is just moving the problem down the road. The actual fix is to find out what the large objects are there for, who owns them, are they still necessary?. Then based on the answers make the changes needed to future proof further interaction with them.

-n public -n firma74

command line options are used.

You can query that to see what is there. I would not go about deleting until you find what the large objects are for.

select * from pg_largeobject

returns empty table.

select * from  pg_largeobject_metadata

returns 3 rows:

Oid                      Lomowner

   200936761       30152

   200936762      30152

   200936767       30152

How to find table and schema which is referenced by this ?

Large objects exist independent of those. The important part of the above is lomowner. Use that oid to find the role that owns the objects here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/view-pg-roles.html

select rolname from pg_roles where oid = <lomowner>;

Andrus.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx