Search Postgresql Archives

Does pg_ctl promote wait for pending WAL?

Does anybody know whether a standby server waits for pending WAL
records/files while promotion is requested? I assume that no data
update is performed on the primary server while promotion.

I imagine that a standby server stops to replay WAL and promotes as
soon as SIGUSR1 signal is received.

The motivation of this question behind is I want to have a complete
copy of the primary server using promote command.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan