Search Postgresql Archives

Re: ubuntu 18: PostgreSQL does not start. how can I totally remove and reinstall it

On 1/23/21 11:08 PM, Hemil Ruparel wrote:
One small note. Aside from the fact that your server is running from a different port, psycopg2 does not support authentication without password afaik. It has bit me twice

Some thinking on this made me realize where you could get into this situation. Namely if you are using psycopg2 compiled against an older version of libpq that you then use to connect to a newer version of the server that is using an authentication method that the libpq version does not know about. This however is a generic issue of mismatched libraries and not unique to psycopg2.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx