Search Postgresql Archives

Question about logically replicating a multi-TB database

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/logical-replication-architecture.html

"30.5.1. Initial Snapshot
The initial data in existing subscribed tables are snapshotted and copied in a parallel instance of a special kind of apply process. This process will create its own temporary replication slot and copy the existing data. Once existing data is copied, the worker enters synchronization mode, which ensures that the table is brought up to a synchronized state with the main apply process by streaming any changes that happened during the initial data copy using standard logical replication. Once the synchronization is done, the control of the replication of the table is given back to the main apply process where the replication continues as normal."

We've got a Large and busy database which we need to migrate to AWS, and a shared 1Gbps pipe between the source and AWS.

How does one set up publish/subscribe in such a case?  All the examples I've seen are with trivially small databases.