Search Postgresql Archives

Re: localhost ssl

On 1/22/21 3:54 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
On 1/22/21 2:48 PM, Rob Sargent wrote:

Honest, I've been reading 18.9 but as you can see it uses CN for host and then 20.12 suggests using CN for role.

Difference between server certificate and client certificate.

To get a handle on this is going to take an outline of what your authentication needs are?

Yes, I'm confused.  As I said in reply to Jeff, I would rather not need to remember to set the search_path, which I can avoid if I login as "role".

I have not seen that conversation and I do not see it in the archive either. Is that off-list, different thread, something else?

I missed reply-all on responding to Jeff.  Here is that for the list:

> This is what I use. We have a user and schema per client in a multi->tenant database, as in user = bob, schema = bob, database = our_company
>
> alter user bob set search_path to bob,our_company_common,public;
>
> Not sure your use case is the same though...

Yes, my case is very similar. I just want to avoid needing to remember to set the search_path every time. Since I alter the role to have a specific search_path as follows, all I need to do is login as "bob":

create schema if not exists sgstemplate\p\g
create role sgstemplate with login encrypted password '<SOMETHING>'\p\g
alter role sgstemplate set search_path=sgstemplate,base,public\p\g
grant connect on database PROJDB to sgstemplate\p\g

"sgstemplate" gets reset by "sed s/sgstemplate/bob/g"

I only wish I could set a default database as well, but IMHO that's a failing of JDBC as much as postgres.