Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Possible trigger bug? function call argument literalised

Quoting Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Can you provide an outline form of what you are trying to accomplish?

Hm, making myself understood. ;-) So from the very beginning.

There is the concept of growing degree days (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growing_degree-day). It is a measure for energy an organism can consume in a specific day for its development. Let stay at plants. It is basically the daily average temperature. As plants do not grow below a certain, plant specific temperature, this base temperature gets substracted from the average. Usually plants grow faster the warmer it is. But only to a certain temperature above which the growth rate remains. However, the arithmetic temperature average is not the most accurate approximation, so there are other methods to calculate the amount of energy available to grow. To cut a long story short, I implemented several such methods as pg/plsql functions. And I implement a datamodel, where plants get connected to the amount of growing degree days to mature. As this value is method dependent, all the plant values get the method used to calculate it, assigned too. To prevent the assignement of imaginary methods, I setup foreign key relation. Unfortunately, it is not allowed to reference the catalog tables, so I put up a dimension table. In order to prevent imaginary entries there, I want to check the existence of the entry-to-be as installed function (information_schema.routines). I wanted to have a general solution for the check to facilitate reuse of the method_check trigger function.

--
S/MIME Public Key: https://oc.gelassene-pferde.biz/index.php/s/eJuAUFONag6ofnH
Signal (Safer than WhatsApp): +49 1578 7723737