Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Is there a way to dump schema to files on disk and keep them in sync

On 12/12/20 6:58 PM, Tim Uckun wrote:
I want to dump my postgres schema to disk in neat directories like
pgadmin presents. Then I want to be able to edit the files and sync
changes to the database and ideally if changes were made in the
database to sync them back to the disk.

Is there a tool that does this? Is there a tool that will dump the
schema into separate directories and files like pgadmin does?

pgAdmin does not create directories, it just organizes the contents of the system catalogs into GUI elements.

For schema management I would suggest a tool like the one I use Sqitch(https://sqitch.org/). It will organize the process of schema creation and management.

Thanks.

--
Adrian Klaver