Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Accessing Postgres Server and database from other Machine

On 12/4/20 8:03 AM, Paul Förster wrote:
Hi Adrian,

On 04. Dec, 2020, at 16:13, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That is the wrong file, the *.sample is the giveaway.

hmmm, I'd rather call it essential reference documentation or template for automation. It's perfectly well suited to automatically strip all comments and then diff the result to ones real world postgresql.conf or some other version postgresql.conf file to find parameters that have been removed or changed with a new PostgreSQL version. This is highly useful for planning migrations and have a quick reference what to check for before actually migrating. So for me this is much more than just a giveaway.

Yes, but for changing the behavior of a running instance it is the wrong file and it's extension is a clue.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx