Search Postgresql Archives

Re: error on connecting port 5432

On 12/1/20 8:10 AM, Atul Kumar wrote:
Hi,

Just to clarify that I am at root OS user, trying to create a test user using postgres user(-u) with create user command.

No you are not at root for the OS you are at OS user postgres connecting as database user testuser.

Error screenshots are already shared with you.

What I was saying is that the error message as text is better. You can copy and paste from a terminal session.

You have not answered the other questions about the status of your Postgres install(s). The suspicion is that you have a mixed install and are having PATH issues. See Tom's response also.

Please re-check the same.

Regards
Atul