Search Postgresql Archives

Re: "Server versions prior to 8.0 do not support savepoints" when using JDBC ...

On 11/29/20 10:06 AM, Martin Goodson wrote:
Hello.

I wonder if anyone can assist with this?

Some of my developers are reporting that they are getting the following message when attempting to connect to the database using jdbc:

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Server versions prior to 8.0 do not support savepoints

at

org.postgresql.jdbc3.AbstractJdbc3Connection.setSavepoint(AbstractJdbc3Connection.java:95)

Database version is 10.5 running under RHEL 7.4. The postgreSQL jdbc driver version they're employing is postgresl-42.2.9.

How was the database installed and from where?

Do you have more then one instance of Postgres running on the machine?

What is the connection code being used?

The database itself has absolutely no issues creating savepoints (I checked it, just in case ...) so I'm assuming it must be some issue with the driver / how the driver has been configured.

As you can see I've not been given a a lot to go on, unfortunately. Has anyone seen this before? Is this a common issue and my google-fu has failed me? :)

Many thanks.

Regards,

M.

--