Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PANIC: could not write to log file {} at offset {}, length {}: Invalid argument

On Wed, Nov 04, 2020 at 10:23:04PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> The latter case would result in a LOG message "unrecognized win32 error
> code", so it would be good to know if any of those are showing up in
> the postmaster log.

Yeah.  Not sure which one it could be here:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/fileapi/nf-fileapi-writefile

One possibility could also be ERROR_OPERATION_ABORTED, which is not in
the mapping table.  So that would map to EINVAL.

> Seems like maybe it wasn't a great idea for _dosmaperr's fallback
> errno to be something that is also a real error code.

You could say that for any fallback errno as long as you don't know if
there's a LOG to show that a DWORD does not map with the table of
win32error.c, no?

(I got to wonder whether it would be worth the complexity to show more
information when using _dosmaperr() for WIN32 on stuff like
elog(ERROR, "%m"), just a wild thought).
--
Michael