Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Christopher Browne

RIP Chris

Il 05.11.2020 02:09, raf ha scritto:
On Wed, Nov 04, 2020 at 06:29:18PM -0500, Steve Singer <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It is with much sadness that I am letting the community know that Chris
Browne passed away recently.

Chris had been a long time community member and was active on various
Postgresql mailing lists.  He was a member of the funds committee, the PgCon
program committee and served on the board of the PostgreSQL Community
Association of Canada. Chris was a maintainer of the Slony replication
system and worked on various PG related tools.

I worked with Chris for over 10 years and anytime someone had a problem he
would jump at the chance to help and propose solutions. He always had time
to listen to your problem and offer ideas or explain how something worked.

I will miss Chris

Steve
He sounds exactly like the kind of person you want to have around.