Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Multi-row insert: error at terminal row.

On Thu, 29 Oct 2020, David G. Johnston wrote:

As your general syntax seems correct I would suspect an issue in the data
values - like having a single quote in an organization name that isn't
properly escaped (doubled). I'd first make sure insert one record works
then begin bisecting your values, only inserting subsets at a time, until
you narrow down the offending record.

David,

I checked and repaired all single apostrophe's with doubled apostrophies.
Postgres found other syntax errors (period rather than comma; missing comma)
but didn't reject single quotes as apostrophes within a string. Also, there
are no strings in this table that would have apostrophes.

Thanks,

Rich