Search Postgresql Archives

Re: using psql 11.4 with a server 13.0 && meta commands

On 10/21/20 4:54 AM, Matthias Apitz wrote:

Hello,

I've found the following problem using psql 11.4 against a server 13.0:

$ export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
$ psql -Usisis -dsisis
psql (11.4, server 13.0)
WARNING: psql major version 11, server major version 13.
          Some psql features might not work.
Type "help" for help.

sisis=# \d dbctest
FEHLER:  Spalte c.relhasoids existiert nicht
LINE 1: ...riggers, c.relrowsecurity, c.relforcerowsecurity, c.relhasoi...
                                                              ^
sisis=#

Is this expected? Are there other bigger issues with commands. I see the
message "Some psql features might not work.", but that this affects also
"normal" commands of daily use...

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/app-psql.html
"
Meta-Commands

Anything you enter in psql that begins with an unquoted backslash is a psql meta-command that is processed by psql itself. These commands make psql more useful for administration or scripting. Meta-commands are often called slash or backslash commands.
"

\ commands are a psql feature, so they are potentially affected.

Thanks

	matthias

--
Adrian Klaver