Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pg_upgrade Python version issue on openSUSE

On 9/28/20 6:37 AM, Paul Förster wrote:
Hi Adrian,

On 28. Sep, 2020, at 15:34, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well I'm out of ideas. That means circling back to having Python 2 installed, should the powers that be agree.

they don't. But fortunately, it seems that the number of applications which use Python code inside a database, seems rather small.

One of them is pgwatch2. I will check if there's an update which then uses Python 3.

So pgwatch2 installs functions that use plpythonu?

How does that work if there is no plpython language installed?

Thanks for helping.

Cheers,
Paul

--