Search Postgresql Archives

Question about using ICU

Hi,

I have a general question about the use of ICU. Currently, we have PostgreSQL compiled from source (Linux) without ICU support. All database clusters and databases are UTF8 and of course relying on glibc.

With the sooner or later upcoming glibc release 2.28, there will probably a big reindex operation be necessary. To avoid that, I'd like to use ICU.

Compiling --with-icu into the new software, is there a way to make a whole database cluster and all its databases use an ICU without having to manually change all tables or indexes?

Cheers,
Paul