Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pg_upgrade Python version issue on openSUSE

Hi Tom,

> On 26. Sep, 2020, at 16:49, Tom Lane <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Actually, now that I think about it, you're querying the wrong view.
> I'm too lazy to check the source code right now, but I'm pretty sure
> that pg_available_extension_versions is mostly driven off what control
> files exist in the on-disk libdir.  But that may have little to do with
> what's in the system catalogs.  You should have checked pg_extension,
> or just "\dx" in psql.

just created another new empty database cluster because I run out of them on my test box here at home. :-) After all, each drop/create extension seems to resolve the issue, so the cluster is unusable for repetition, unless I would restore it. Ok, I'm too lazy now... :-D

Did the usual initdb -k on the new database cluster. Then the select plus your suggested \dx. Nothing there and drop extension didn't work, all as I would have expected. This is strange.

I will check further next week on company databases. The ones I did it up to now are my private ones at home. I'm really curious about that next week.

Thanks for the tips.

Cheers,
Paul