Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Can I get some PostgreSQL developer feedback on these five general issues I have with PostgreSQL and its ecosystem?

    That would entail building an AI into the code that would deal with
    all the possible OS(versions), Postgres(versions), hardware
    permutations.

I... guess. If "AI" means "a series of ifs". Which is what software... is? I doubt that people who can make the world's most advanced open source database cannot check the amount of RAM and see how fast the CPU/disk is.

But the very nature of "embedded" implies the db is subservient to something else, and that something else may need most of the resources.

But I heartily agree that tuning a server can be difficult. It's highly dependent on the context and hardware resources is only a portion of that context. I've seen generous help on this list for specific configuration help.