Search Postgresql Archives

Re: 12.3 replicas falling over during WAL redo

Peter Geoghegan wrote on 8/3/20 11:25 AM:
On Sun, Aug 2, 2020 at 9:39 PM Kyotaro Horiguchi
<horikyota.ntt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
All of the cited log lines seem suggesting relation with deleted btree
page items. As a possibility I can guess, that can happen if the pages
were flushed out during a vacuum after the last checkpoint and
full-page-writes didn't restored the page to the state before the
index-item deletion happened(that is, if full_page_writes were set to
off.). (If it found to be the cause, I'm not sure why that didn't
happen on 9.5.)
There is also a Heap/HOT_UPDATE log line with similar errors.

Yes, and I have the pg_waldump output for it. But, that table is quite large, and the transaction that contains the LSN in the error log is 1,752 waldump lines long. I'm happy to share what would be useful to help debug it but I'm guessing it should be a subset of that.