Search Postgresql Archives

Re: is JIT available

> On Jul 27, 2020, at 6:04 PM, David Rowley <dgrowleyml@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> "returns true if jit is enabled and JIT compilation is available in
> this session (see Chapter 31)."

That is clearer. I didn't submit a suggestion myself because I'm not clear on the actual circumstances. I know it won't be available if:

- jit is not on in config
- PG was not compiled with JIT support

But does compilation with JIT enable and LLVM dev tools mean that all the LLVM compilation/optimization is built into the PG binaries, or does it require LLVM presence on the machine where deployed? And if so, does the function take that into account as well?

I would guess the function is telling the truth under all circumstances, but I don't know for sure.

Perhaps: "returns true if JIT (see Chapter 31) is available in this session. Availability of JIT requires that PG was compiled with JIT support, JIT is enabled in config, <blah blah blah is installed???>.