Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to restore a dump containing CASTs into a database with a new user?

> On Jul 19, 2020, at 14:25, Thorsten Schöning <tschoening@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Would I need to restore the whole dump as super user? But how do I own
> all those restored contents to some other database user afterwards?

In this case, you may need to change the ownership of the various objects directly in the database, rather than using dump/restore as a way of changing ownership all at once.  This is not infrequent when you have an existing database in which a superuser owns everything
--
-- Christophe Pettus
   xof@xxxxxxxxxxxx