Search Postgresql Archives

Re: libpq pipelineing

> What about, as it says, sending multiple statements in a single sendQuery and then polling for multiple results?

I tried this, and even in single row streaming mode, I found that
there are cases where the results would not be streamed until all the
queries were sent.

>From the users point of view, they may generate a loop sending
multiple queries and don't care about the result, so a pipeline/batch
processing is ideal to avoid RTT per loop iteration, if database
access is slow, this can be a significant source of latency.

Kind regards,
Samuel