Search Postgresql Archives

Re: error messages (autovaccum canceled and syntax errors) while loading a DUMP

On Thursday, 25 June 2020 21:12:50 CEST, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

acq_vardata where id= order by sel_seq_3
2020-06-25 12:06:42.098 CEST [306] ERROR: syntax error at or near "q" at character 1

If this was coming from the restore of the dump file I would expect to see a COPY line just prior to the error. To me it looks like something other then the restore is running that query and that the query itself is flawed.

I will rerun it on a clean empty database and with no other proc on the server accessing the PG server.

What happens if you do as a test something like?:

CREATE TABLE test_table AS SELECT * FROM large_table WHERE row_id =
row_below;

I do not understand this request, what is 'large_table' and what is
'row_below'?

The "large_table" is whatever table the Perl scripts are stored in. 'row_below' is whatever row identifier there is for the row that stores this particular script. Just trying to confirm that the script will run when the row it is part of is INSERTed into a table. I'm guessing not.

You could also just manually run the script to see if the query is valid. I'm guessing it is not.

Ok, I will figure it out. Thanks for the clarification.

matthias

--
Sent from my Ubuntu phone
http://www.unixarea.de/