Search Postgresql Archives

Re: i am getting issue as FATAL: password authentication failed for user ' postgres' tried

On 6/22/20 9:18 PM, prachi surangalikar wrote:
Please relpy to list also.
Ccing lis.
i  tried to connect to postgres using psql  and then its asking me password for user 'administrator' but i have not created any administrator user and when i logged in as user 'postgres' it is asking for  password then when i entered password it said password authentication failed for user 'postgres'.
Even when i connect using pgadmin its giving the same error.

Are you running this on Windows and using the Enterprise DB download of Postgres?

If so when you installed Postgres the installer asked you to create a password. This is the password you need when connecting via pgAdmin. Now the 'administrator' could also mean the program(psql) needs to run as the Windows Administrator. Can you show the command you are running and where/when you being prompted for the password?

Do i need to change any configuration in pg_hba.conf file?
or add the user 'administrator' in the conf file.

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 8:25 AM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 6/17/20 7:14 PM, prachi surangalikar wrote:
     > hello team,
     > i have  tried every  thing  but still i  could not find the
    solution to
     > this problem.
     > i made changes in the pg_hba.conf file also , please help me to
    solve
     > this problem.

    What is the connection string you are using when you get the error?

    What are the settings in the pg_hba.conf file?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx