Search Postgresql Archives

Re: 12.2: Why do my Redo Logs disappear??

On 6/8/20 6:38 PM, Peter wrote:
On Mon, Jun 08, 2020 at 05:40:20PM -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:

And now for the nitpicking part :)

On Mon, Jun 08, 2020 at 05:35:40PM -0700, Adrian Klaver wrote:

! > I am doing RedoLog Archiving according to Docs Chapter 25.1.
!
! There is no ReDo logging, there is WAL logging.

Yes I know - and i don't care. Technically they're no longer WAL when
they're going to be archived. Their purpose then becomes to redo the

Not according to the section you are referring to:

25.3.1. Setting Up WAL Archiving

Redoing is the process of replaying the WAL logs.

Ups, mistake of mine. Should be 25.3.1.

And which of these would be of any concern if the machine is rebooted
anyway?

I had to install new hardware, and currently I'm trying to identify
a memory exhaustion issue. This makes it necessary to reboot the full
system quite often, and I neither want to wait for orderly termination
of dozens of subsytems, nor do I want to need fsck at restart. This
would make SIGKILL/reboot the method of choice.

That is your prerogative, just not sure it is conducive to the health of your system.

! What is RedoLog.bck?

The script which one has to write according to the docs' section which
would be correctly numbered 25.3.1.

cheerio,
PMc

--