Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Question on full vacuum clearing waste space

On 6/7/20 6:06 AM, Wenjun Che wrote:
Thank you for the quick response.

I ran the script from https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Show_database_bloat, which shows "app_event_users" table has 3751936 as wastedbytes.

https://bucardo.org/check_postgres/check_postgres.pl.html#bloat

"Please note that the values computed by this action are not precise, and should be used as a guideline only. Great effort was made to estimate the correct size of a table, but in the end it is only an estimate. The correct index size is even more of a guess than the correct table size, but both should give a rough idea of how bloated things are."