Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Oracle vs. PostgreSQL - a comment

On 6/5/20 10:02 AM, Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
On 5/6/20 5:19 μ.μ., Thomas Kellerer wrote:
Achilleas Mantzios schrieb am 05.06.2020 um 14:05:
Plus PG does not directly support cross database queries using 3 part name, something
sqlserver excels at.
Maybe because SQL server does not have real databases but schemas instead ?
This sucks security wise.
That is wrong.

SQL Server has both: databases and schemas and it allows for standard compliant catalog.schema.table references.

I think you are confusing that with MySQL where a schema and a database are the same thing
I think that you are confusing what you think I am confusing. I am talking about our MS SQL installation here at work. Not done by me anyways I am the pgsql guy, but still do most of the query stuff in ms sql as well.
I wrote already that my comment was far fetched in a subsequent email.

I manage SQL Server instances with multiple databases, each with multiple schemas.