Search Postgresql Archives

Re: idle_in_transaction_session_timeout not getting log in PG v12.2

On 5/19/20 2:08 AM, Ishan Joshi wrote:
Hi Team,

I have set idle_in_transaction_session_timeout on user level and it is set for 5 min. I can see after 5 min the session with “idle in transaction” state got killed and it log the details in postgresql log file with “FATAL: terminating connection due to idle-in-transaction timeout” in v11.5

But I have testing the same in v12.2, The session getting killed with state “idle in transaction”  but the log is not generated in postgresql log file.

Is there any specific changes related to this for v12.2 or any additional parameters need to set for generating logs.

Looking at code in ~/backend/tcop/postgres.c it has not changed.

Are you reusing the same *.conf in 12 as you did in 11?

What are your logging settings?

Thanks & Regards,

Ishan Joshi

*This email and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Amdocs Email Terms of Service, which you may review at**https://www.amdocs.com/about/email-terms-of-service*

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx