Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Huge number of pg_temp and pg_toast_temp schemas

Hi!

Thank you.

This is an unsurprising state, if you routinely have a hundred-plus
connections that sometimes create temp tables.  Each such session
needs schemas to keep its temp tables in.  The temp tables are
deleted at session exit, but we don't bother to remove the schema
entries, figuring that they'll probably be needed again later, and
a couple of rows in pg_namespace is negligible overhead anyway.

How to hide temp schemas from pgAdmin 4 tree?
For such large number of temporary schemas  pgAdmin schema tree view becomes polluted and makes database management difficult.
I turned most of Nodes options in PgAdmin options off but pgadmin still shows them. It shows also pg_toast schema.

Andrus.