Search Postgresql Archives

Re: keeping images in a bytea field on AWS RDS

On Tue, 2020-03-31 at 15:49 -0400, Richard Bernstein wrote:
I am using postgresql on RDS. I need to upload an image to the table. I understand that I need to set the PGDATA directory and place the image file in it, before setting the path in the bytea field. But how do I set PGDATA if I don't have the ability to set an environment variable, and don't have access to the following on an AWS controlled installation?

You don't put a file path into a bytea field or do anything with the database filesystem. You insert the contents of the actual file into the field using SQL commands.