Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Reading WALs

On 2020-03-14 14:48, PegoraroF10 wrote:
On my built in logical replication I see that sometimes it tooks a long time
to be updated with master. The question is how can I see what is being done
on replica ? I know I can have a WAL reader, I tried WAL2JSON, it listen all
data which comes from master, but as I understood when I use that plugin
that data is discarded, so, not replicated.

Is that correct ? Can I see what is coming to replica server and apply that
change to server as usual ?

You can have multiple logical decoding streams in parallel that track their position independently of each other. So you can have a logical replication stream and wal2json next to each other, and they won't interfere with each other. So what you are considering is possible and safe. (I don't know whether it will give you satisfactory insights.)