Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to discover what table is

On 3/11/20 1:22 AM, PegoraroF10 wrote:
Well, for now it´s solved but I´ll explain what happens to solve it better on
future.
Suppose on Master you have a database with hundreds of schemas with same
structure, so table Customer happens 500 times on that DB. That database
being replicated with publication/subscription for all tables model, just
that. Now to have new schemas added to this database you go to replica,
create them with structure only, go to master and create them with data, go
back to replica and refresh publication. But then imagine that one of those
schemas you´ve created on replica with data. This is where problem occurs
and message is just PK of Table Customer is duplicated but is not easy to
find which table because I´ll have that table and that key on 90% of my
schemas. If, on error message we just have which schema belongs that table
would be great.

Some digging found that the ERROR uses get_rel_name for the relation name and that led to:

~/src/backend/utils/cache/lsyscache.c

/*
 * get_rel_name
 *              Returns the name of a given relation.
 *
 * Returns a palloc'd copy of the string, or NULL if no such relation.
 *
 * NOTE: since relation name is not unique, be wary of code that uses this
 * for anything except preparing error messages.
 */

Going any further is going to need someone with more knowledge of the above to chime in.

--
Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-general-f1843780.html

--
Adrian Klaver